Capital One Entrepreneurship Program
The Capital One Entrepreneurship Program is a free business training program for students at LaGuardia Community College who want to launch a profitable technology-driven business.
[pexvimeo pex_attr_src=”https://vimeo.com/113732731″ pex_attr_width=”500″][/pexvimeo]
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
During the free, 11-week training, which is open exclusively to students currently enrolled at LaGuardia Community College, aspiring entrepreneurs:
- Learn the fundamentals of launching a tech startup in weekly workshops with business advisers and industry experts
- Pitch their product to a panel of industry experts at Demo Day for a chance to win up to $5,000 in seed capital
- Gain critical insight from mentors specialized in small business growth and tech entrepreneurship
- Get free access to professional coworking space and services at NYDesigns’ business incubator
Upon successful completion of the program, students walk away with:
- Up to $5,000 in seed capital
- An investor pitch deck and business roadmap
- Skills and confidence to take their business to the next level
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a credit or non-credit program at LaGuardia at time of application; exceptions may be made for recent graduates
- Have a business idea that has a technology component (e.g., hardware, software, web, e-commerce)
- Commit to attending weekly workshops and mentorship sessions at NYDesigns
- Be able to dedicate several hours per week outside of class to business development assignments and building their product
For more information, please contact Denise Espinal at email@example.com.
The Capital One Entrepreneurship Program is administered by NYDesigns with support from Capital One Bankʼs Community Development Banking division.
The partnership between Capital One Bank and NYDesigns was established in 2008, and over the past six years, the program has served 104 students. The program and associated competition have taken place annually since 2008 and became a biannual occurrence in 2011. Previous participants and winners of the competition have gone on to launch their business ideas into fully functioning businesses, from a line of handmade leather bags to a luxury womenʼs footwear website to a photography studio with a storefront in Brooklyn.
Demo Day Spring 2015